The Orthopedic Suite has fully computerized Digital Operating Theatre that displays, records and streams at the touch of a finger. It has the first pinless Ceiling Mounted Navigation Platform in 3D with most advanced software for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement allowing 99.9% accuracy in placement of implants thus giving it technological superiority over any conventional method being used today, informed Dr Wadhwa.
”The first functional Digital Orthopaedic suite in Asia-Pacific works in a manner that there is efficient digital planning for each individual patient and the entire surgery is executed with utmost precision, to ensure accurate alignment and precise implant positioning. This in turn results in less blood loss during the surgery with pain free joint movement and utmost patient satisfaction”
“With the inception of the Digital Orthopaedic Operating Suite, the first in the Asia-Pacific region at the Department of Joint Replacement at Max Hospital, Mohali, it would successfully predict the outcome of complex & routine orthopaedic procedures. Digital Orthosuite is a window into the future of medical care and a truly revolutionary concept” concluded Mr. Sandeep Dogra, Vice President Operations at Max Hospital, Mohali.
This state-of-the-art equipment is a product of Brainlab (Germany)-pioneers in image guided surgery. It will place Mohali on the world map of the most advanced Orthopedic centres and, therefore, not only benefit Indian patients but will also bring international patients from various parts of the world class technology available here now at comparatively far reduced cost.
Highlights of technologically advanced Brainlab Digital Orthopedic Suite:
• Tailor-made digital surgical planning for all patients
• Joint implants are planned pre-operatively for perfect size and positioning as per anatomy of the patient
• Allows minimally invasive surgeries with least pain, blood loss and flexibility almost like a natural knee
• Software gives guidance on leg length so no chances of post surgery deformity
• Safeguards against implant failures, dislocation or revision surgeries
How it will directly benefit the patients:
• Automated customised surgery planning
• Personalized knee solutions
• Enhanced implant longevity for over 30 years, so less chances of revision surgery
• Minimal blood loss and almost 99% accurate results
• Precision and perfection in joint replacement surgeries